Where is GeroMINO Stilton?


My adorable students would approach me and most of the time, ask this question:

Where is GeroMINO Stilton?

It must be because they are too young or too tongue-tied to pronounce it properly, but all the while, it makes me giggle a little whenever I hear the way they pronounce it. So, what I would do is tell them to pronounce it properly:

GE-RO-NI-MO S-TIL-TON (Again)
GE-RO-NI-MO S-TIL-TON (Again)
GE-RO-NI-MO S-TIL-TON (Good!)

And we would all laugh heartily. Now, more than the "where" part is "who" really is Geronimo Stilton and what makes him so popular with my kids? 


So, around November last year [which has been a year already], I decided that I would try reading one of Geronimo Stilton's adventures particularly the "Cheese-colored Camper" title. I really enjoyed the story, it was very colorful and all the while hilarious. Of course, one could also NOT deny the guide in proper writing that this book is conveying. I read it in my room, in the bus, in the MRT, even in the bathroom. I just can't put it down, it's definitely a page turner, a must-read. After munching up the Cheese-colored Camper thing, I decided that I should give all the other titles [that are available in my library] a try, and admittedly, I got hooked. Nevertheless, Geronimo Stilton or Geromino Stilton or however way you want to pronounce it, has been a part of my librarianhood [if there's such a word :D].

And oh by the way, Geronimo's Sister, Thea, has also started her own adventures through her series entitled [what else, of course] Thea Stilton.

Now, where is Geronimo Stilton again? Ugh! Shelf No. 3, Left hand side, Letter S beside Goosebumps!



/dmarco





2 Response to "Where is GeroMINO Stilton?"

  1. Inger says:
    November 26, 2010 at 9:18 AM

    Hey
    Thanks for the mention of my site.
    http://www.Geronimo-Stilton.com
    I write the name so much that sometimes it comes out as Geromino instead of Geronimo and most kids are pretty quick to correct me.
    Cheers
    Inger

  2. dmarco says:
    November 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM

    You're welcome! thank you for visiting my site too.

Post a Comment

/dmarco