Something beyond

Do you know the feeling that when you meet another person, it feels that you've known each other for a very long time? Well, that's how I felt yesterday while having ham&cheese croissant and [hot] white choco mocha with Ces, Iya and Patria.
As new members of the faculty [P1 (pee-wan), or Probationary 1] as the senior faculty members call us, it is but natural that we group together. We undergo trainings together. We get [almost] the same compensations. We all share the same sentiments because we are what they call neophytes or newbies, in our generation. While having coffee last night, though, I felt that there is something beyond. There is this connection that is beyond being "schoolmates" [that's because we work in a school :P].

I could still remember that it was just the last week of May last year that we got acquainted. Patria, actually, was the first that I got along with. Exchange of conversations, of school graduated from, until we found out that we graduated from the same University and we have [a lot of] common friends. So, we got along fine.

Ces, on the other hand, is Patria's closest buddy back then. I was even aloof with her way way back because Ces is not really the chummy type [if you don't know her] and she just prefers to stay silent. Until I discovered that we both belong to the Lower Grades family and she also graduated from the same University that Patria and I came from and we also have [some] common friends and I hitch in her car everytime I have a Master's class and she drops me off to the most convenient spot, that I got to know her more. I haven't even thanked her for those nice gestures! Thank you Ces!

Iya [oh the sweet Iya!], even though we are not from the same University and we really don't have common friends, she is one of the easiest faculty members to get along with. We share the same passion for the love of reading and storytelling. She was even the one who introduced Kokology to our group, that's why everytime we go out, we call it Kokology session [although we didn't have it last night because last night was unplanned and I now believe that unplanned businesses are the ones that materialize. Ha Ha!].
[medyo] standing: Ces, Patria; seated: iya, me (photo credit:iya benjamin)
I guess [and I hope] that this friendship will last. And gals, remember that I will never get tired of listening to your rants and hang-ups and to your inspiring lablayps! :D Until our next Kokology session [Ces' birthday party, that is!].

/dmarco





1 Response to "Something beyond"

  1. Iya Benjamin Says:
    November 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

    Awww... So sweet of you to write this! :) Thanks Darrel!

Post a Comment

/dmarco